Thursday, January 27, 2011

I DO: BHLDN, a romantic and affordable wedding line

I have always loved Anthropologie. Not just because I was a cultural anthropology major in college and have an affinity for the name, or because their clothes and home decor are too cute for words, or because the PA-headquartered company's first store -- located on the Main Line in Wayne, PA -- was only a short drive from my parents' house when my interest in fashion began to bud.

I've loved Anthropologie because they "get it." They get me. They know that girls like me don't want to dress like vixens or runway models all the time -- they want to feel comfortable and cozy in the clothes they're wearing or in the sheets they're sleeping under. They know we want quality clothes that will last, and that we're willing to pay a little extra for them. They know we value attention to details, like hand-beading, dyeing, ornamental buttons or mood-lifting patterns.

So today's news that Anthropologie will be rolling out a wedding line, BHLDN (pronounced "beholden") next month is simply warming the cockles of my heart. As my friend McLean explains on her fashion and life blog, the line will feature original designs from the brand as well as pieces by Fleur Wood, Tracy Reese, and Catherine Deane created exclusively for Anthropologie. Dresses will run from moderately priced ($1000) to moderately expensive ($4000). 

If the styles, fits, and detailing of these dresses and accessories are any reflection of Anthropologie as we know it I'm sure brides everywhere will be queuing up for the launch -- fittingly, on the most romantic day of the year: Valentine's Day.


your wish, coming true—introducing BHLDN.

No comments:

Post a Comment