Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Washingtonian: Unveiled

Washingtonian Magazine is hosting its annual wedding showcase on January 23rd.



Aside from working the check-in desk at a bridal expo for extra cash in college, I've never attended one of these things and am yet to be sold on their merits. I tend to suffer from information overload (a la those annoying Bing commercials all over TV), and I feel like I would be over-inundated with different ideas and suggestions for vendors for every service I need to book all at once. I much prefer to do one thing at a time -- nail down a venue, find a priest, then get a photographer, a caterer, a florist, and so on and so forth down the line. Everything at once would just overwhelm me. Not to mention, $55 is a steep price to have advertisements thrown at you all day.

So I've entered to win tickets for free, and if I happen to get picked then I'll probably go. Otherwise, I'll just keep to my system and get any vendor info I need online from peer reviews on sites like Wedding Wire, Martha Stewart Weddings and The Knot, and from an occasional purchase of Washingtonian's Bride & Groom magazine. 

2 comments:

  1. I never went to a bridal expo--they would have totally stressed me out! I only attended one "bridal discussion" thing at Hitched...where I found pretty much everyone, so that's kind of ironic. Hope it's all going well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one who finds expos like that stressful instead of helpful. I'll have to look into Hitched's events because that's just about my level of preferred activity. Miss you Ali! Hope you're not snowed in...

    ReplyDelete